When you suddenly learn that your family member or friend has been arrested in Pearland, TX, you should waste no time in contacting a bail bonds agency to get your loved one out of jail fast. The Pearland Police Department and Brazoria County Sheriff’s Office will quickly fingerprint, photograph, and incarcerate new arrestees, and without a bail bond, most inmates have no hope of getting out of jail before their arraignment.
Some basic facts you should know about Pearland, TX, bail bonds include:
- Bail bondsmen can arrange the paperwork in as little as 20 minutes and even approve the bond over the phone, but it can take 3-6 hours to finish the booking and release processes.
- A bail bonds co-signer pledges to pay the full bail amount if the bond is forfeited to the court because the defendant “skipped bail” and failed to appear for all of his scheduled court dates.
- When a defendant flees justice, the presiding judge will issue a “bench warrant” to re-arrest him or her, but the actual job of physically apprehending fugitives typically falls to bounty hunters hired by bail bonds companies.
- The bail bonds fee is non-refundable and is the way that bail bonds agents make a living. It is based on a percentage of the full bail amount, with 10% being a common industry standard.
- A bail bond can usually be taken out using collateral such as real estate, cars, credit cards, or personal possessions of value (like jewelry). In Texas, however, only rental or investment property can legally function as collateral, primary residences being excluded.